No. of Positions: 4
About Zindagi Cloud Services Team
At Zindagi, we see our role as a partner who simplifies the cloud for our clients. We do so by following a process-driven approach to migrate the customer to the public cloud, or setting up a hybrid cloud infrastructure for them.
Our team then blends into their IT seamlessly enabling them to develop, build, deploy and maintain scalable applications thereby solving their business objectives.
About this role
We’re looking at building a team of young, enthusiastic, and motivated experts who carry strong fundamentals in cloud technologies (AWS or Azure preferred).
The individual will be actively participating in various positions across the entire Cloud lifecycle of the customer including migration of applications, as well as being part of a strong DevOps team responsible for deploying, maintaining, testing, and monitoring the customer’s crucial applications hosted on the cloud.
A Zindagi Cloud Engineer works in complex development and migration of application projects to the public cloud. Selected candidates will work with business analysts, application developers, architects, and data stakeholders to understand the customer business cases and build cloud environments that are secured and scalable.
- Degree level education in mathematics, computing, or engineering discipline or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in AWS or Azure Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Certified on AWS Solutions Architect Associate / Azure AZ-900 curriculum or equivalent or higher
- Preferred to be trained on Azure AZ-400, AWS DOP-C01, or equivalent.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the cloud infrastructure (Azure or AWS)
- Build, release, and manage the configuration of all production systems
- Manage a continuous integration and deployment methodology for server-based technologies
- Work alongside architecture and engineering teams to design and implement any scalable software services
- Ensure necessary system security by using best in class cloud security solutions
- Stay current with new technology options and vendor products, evaluating which ones would be a good fit for the company
- Implement continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines when necessary
- Recommend process and architecture improvements
- Troubleshoot the system and solve problems across all platform and application domains
- Oversee pre-production acceptance testing to ensure the high quality of a company’s services and products
- Understanding of the use of dockers, containers, and Kubernetes in development processes.
- Good coordination with project Architects, Developers, Data team, and RR infrastructure support team for resolving infrastructure-related issues.
Tools and Skills
- Experience in using either Azure or AWS.
- Experience in designing and building web environments on AWS or Azure, which includes working with services like Compute, load balancing, managed databases, and cloud storage.
- A solid background in Linux/Unix and Windows server system administration
- Experiences in using DevOps Tools in a cloud environment, such as Ansible, Artifactory, Docket, GitHub, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Maven, and Sonar Qube
- Knowledge of installing and configuring different application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat, and WebLogic
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions like CloudWatch, ELK Stack, and Prometheus
- An understanding of writing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), using tools like ARM templates, CloudFormation or Terraform, and YAML structure.
- Knowledge of one or more of the most-used programming languages available for today’s cloud computing (i.e., SQL data, XML data, R math, Clojure math, Haskell functional, Erlang functional, Python procedural, and Go procedural languages)
- Experience in building and managing VMs, azure services (web app, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Azure monitoring, Data Bricks, Data Factory, Azure Data lake, Log Analytics, OMS) using ARM Templates and Powershell scripting – or AWS equivalents.
- Proficiency in script development and scripting languages such as bash, Powershell, etc.
- The ability to be a team player
- The ability and skill to train other people in procedural and technical topics
- Strong communication and collaboration skills