In the previous blog, we have got an idea about the viruses, the types, and the use of Antivirus to protect endpoints of our IT environment. Whereas, in this blog, we will talk about the best Antivirus solution for an organization. Before moving to the solution, we should talk about the problem of why securing our endpoints is important nowadays?
Importance of Endpoint Security
Endpoints are the primary targets of cyber attackers. The percentage of the attacks is increasing expeditiously which is why people are seeing too many data leaks.
In the recent research, it was found that attacks on the endpoints have been increased as follows:
- Mobile Ransomware has been increased by 33%.
- IoT attacks have been increased by a shocking 600%.
- 56% increment in risky Wi-fi network.
- 54% increment in mobile malware variants.
- 70+ million records leaked or stolen because of poor AWS configuration.
- 80% Increase in iOS and Android vulnerabilities
As the consequences, the subsequent destruction of successful attacks and many organizations try to strengthen their overall defense by adding multiple endpoint protection products.
If you are searching for an industry-leading endpoint security solution, Symantec Endpoint Security is the best for you.
About Symantec Endpoint Security
Symantec Endpoint Security identifies, strengthens, avoids, and responds to evolving threats across desktops, tablets, mobiles, laptops, servers, etc. It guards your corporation across the entire attack sequence and provides the most thorough and unified endpoint security platform.
Symantec Endpoint Security delivers your company with the best security at the endpoints for traditional and mobile appliances throughout the three attack phases—Pre-Attack, Attack, and Post Attack—with an accent on prevention across the attack sequence for rapid containment.
Key Features of Symantec Endpoint Security
Symantec Endpoint Security has the following features which make it the best Antimalware solution.
The Complete Protection
It is the industry-leading endpoint solution that secures all the endpoints, including laptops, desktops, iOS & Android phones and tablets, servers, storage human-machine interface and operational technology, cloud workloads, containers, and cloud storage.
Multiple Deployment Options
- On-premises solutions are still the primary choice of many organizations for data center defense mechanisms.
- Due to the need for cost-cutting, support for mobile and remote users, and the disappearance of the traditional network security perimeter, Organisations are choosing to move to security in the cloud.
- Symantec Endpoint Security provides the options for all types of deployment i.e., on-premises, cloud as well as hybrid.
A Single Agent
- Research shows that a well-known Ponemon Institute found, that on average the organizations install seven different endpoint agents to support IT management and security.
- Each agent works independently with its own console and set of rules and policies which all need to be configured, monitored, maintained, and managed. Involvements of multiple products increase IT overhead, cost, and defense gaps and errors.
- Symantec Endpoint Security installs a single agent on endpoints for Application Control & Isolation, malware protection, and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR).
A Single Console
An administrator has an option to deploy and manage all endpoints through a single Symantec Endpoint Security console with real-time threat visibility across all the endpoints.
Independent Security Management
- SES constantly assess and reinforce your security posture by learning from administrators, organization, or community and provides autonomous security management.
- It leverages Artificial intelligence-driven management for creating strong security policies with lesser misconfigurations to help enhance overall security hygiene and posture.
Real-Time Threat Information
Symantec Global Intelligence Network provides real-time threat info, threat analytics, content classification, and comprehensive threat blocking data to Symantec Endpoint Security.
Symantec Endpoint Security can be integrated with third-party applications like Microsoft Graph, SIEM solution, Open C2, SOAR solution, and other Symantec solutions through Symantec ICDx, an open API.
In this blog, we have discussed the overview and the features of Symantec Endpoint Security and why it makes the best Endpoint Security Solution for the IT environment of an organization.
We hope this blog will help you in choosing the best Antimalware solution for your organization. In the next blog, we will discuss the different types of Symantec Endpoint Security Solutions, their features, and the differences between them.
If you are planning to Design, Deploy, or Plan Endpoint Security Solutions for your organization then you can contact Zindagi Technologies Pvt Ltd.
Zindagi Technologies Pvt Ltd is an industry-leading IT consulting and fast-growing organization and has successfully planned, designed, and deployed multiple Cybersecurity Solutions across the Public, Private & Defence sectors. We are the best in what we do and given a chance, we will prove ourselves too.
Network Consultant Engineer